The board meeting video for each section of the agenda is linked below.
- Lake Street Elementary Robotics Team for winning the 1st Place Excellence Award at the regional competition and qualifying for the state competition - Team 11893B: Tyler Adair, Lilian Monk, Evelyn Guernsey, Teagan Massie; Coach: Angie Wells; Assistant Coach: Krista Woodhull
- MacArthur Elementary Robotics Team 10277A for receiving the Build Award in the Science Division at the 2022 World Championship; Team 10277B for receiving 3rd Place in the Teamwork Challenge at the Indiana Elementary Robotics Competition and receiving 3rd Place in the Engineering Division and the Build Award at the 2022 World Championship - Team A: Emma Gajdos, Victoria Head, Autumn Jones, Olivia Keltner; Team B: Jameson Blockland, Luca Fantin, Robert Popiolek; Coaches: Sara Colvin, Dennis Hilburger
- Taft Robotics Team E for receiving the 1st Place Excellence Award at the regional competition; and 5th Place in the Research Division at the 2022 World Championship - Team: Noah Chapko, Josh Gorney, Aaron Graddy, Jakub Nurek, Jackson Pugh; Coaches Rachel Walker, Mary Jones
- Colonel Wheeler Robotics Team X for receiving 1st Place in the Teamwork Challenge at the regional competition and qualifying for both the 2022 state and world championships; and Team G for receiving the Jack Klein Award at the state competition and qualifying for the world championship - Team X: Ethan Krstevski, Zachary Calabrese, Dexter Kiger; Team G: JP Heiligstedt, Jackson Kuhlenschmidt, Gabriel Ballard, Caleb Terry; Coaches: Michael Early, Jen Pineda
Coach Michael Early - Indiana Mentor of the Year Award at the 2022 Indiana Robotics State Competition
CPHS VEX Robotics Teams 1233G and 1233W for receiving 3rd Place at the state competition and qualifying for the world championships - Team 1233G: Macy Achtzehn, Hanna Flewelling, Brianna Johnson, Lexi Pryde, Abigail Tien; Team 1233W: Danny Cronkrak, Caleb Kuiper, Cameron Mucha, Lucas Prince, Ethan Rajcinoski; Coach: Matt LeBlanc; Assistant Coach: Elizabeth Winston
- The process for public hearing of GO Bonds was explained. There were no comments.
- Approval of grants for Non-English Speaking Program and Title III Language Instruction from IDOE
- Approval of bid package #3 for new Taft Middle School.
- Director of Elementary Education – Thank you to our elementary buildings for offering kindergarten kickoff, a series of successful open houses, and our tech team for the installation of new panels and sound amplification systems.
- Director of Secondary Education – our secondary open houses, parent orientations, and student orientations were great. Thank you to all of our teachers and staff for their preparation to make these successful for our students. Thank you to Dave Coulson and traffic team for their efforts as the year starts.
- Director of Exceptional Education – thank you to occupational, physical therapy staff for their efforts in organizing student services before the year starts.
- Chief Human Resources Officer – Kudos to transportation, food services, technology, and our maintenance team for their back to school efforts. Especially want to thank some members of our team who helped provide transportation services to a family in need recently.
- Director of Communications – Our first Coffee & Conversation will be Thursday at 9:30 a.m. at the Crown Point Library. We are also beginning our new Ambassador Program, and applications are due before Labor Day.
- Superintendent of Schools – Thank you to everyone in the district as we started the school year. It went very smoothly. Construction projects continue on time and under budget. Thank you to the support staff team who came together to support students, staff and families as we had a situation at one of our buildings this week.
- Mr. Warne and Mr. Equihua gave a brief overview of transportation route procedures for the start of the year.
- Kudos to everyone who made a great game experience for our community last Friday night. It was great to see so many people and everyone was safe.
- Another job well done to our robotics team, and thank you to everyone in the district who works to provide opportunities for students to become involved in extracurricular activities.