May 2022 Board Meeting Recap
May 2022 Board Meeting
The board meeting video for each section of the agenda is linked below.
- Teachers of the Year, Employee of the Year, Administrator of the Year, and finalists.
- Read more at this link
Patron's Comments on Educational Issues - none
- CKLA curriculum was approved for purchase. This is elementary level language arts curriculum that was field tested by our teachers. Parents were invited to an information night earlier this year as well.
- Textbook rental fees for elementary and secondary students approved.
- Agreement with the City of Crown Point and Crown Point Redevelopment Commission approved for the construction/upgrade of a shared building at Bulldog Park and Col. Wheeler Middle School
- Bid package approved for the construction of new Program & Resource building and Admin building at the site of the current Taft Middle School.
- Thank you to all of our elementary teachers and staff as they prepare and host so many great end of the year events.
- CPHS graduates will be visiting elementary schools tomorrow for a "Parade of Graduates"
- Young Champions Day for Special Olympics
- Update on inclusion training for staff across the district
- We have almost all certified staff positions for next year filled
- Recognition of admin staff who have presented at recent conferences - Art Equihua, Mike Malaski
- Conversations progress with Lacrosse club to use CPHS facilities
- Congrats to CPHS teacher Brian Trapp who received a CTE award for his machine trades class
- Thank you to administrative assistant Diana Green for keeping the board on track with dates and information
- Thank you to Dr. Terrill and cabinet for their presentations at the recent board retreat